Thursday, January 26, 2012

Something to Remember

I copied this from a friend but I really needed this reminder.

I copied this from a friend, READ IT, will make you stop and think... 
Me (in a tizzy) : God, can I ask you something? 
GOD: Sure. 
Me: Promise you won't get mad? 
GOD: I promise. 
Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today? 
GOD: What do you mean? 
Me: Well I woke up late, 
GOD: Yes 
Me: My car took forever to ......start 
Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to w...ait 
GOD: Hmmmm.. 
Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call 
GOD: All right 
Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that? 
GOD: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that. 
Me (humbled): Oh... 
GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road 
Me (ashamed): ............ 
GOD: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work 
Me (embarrassed): Oh..... 
GOD: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered 
Me (softly): I see God 
GOD: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark. 
Me: I'm sorry God. 
GOD: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad 
Me: I WILL trust you God 
GOD: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan 
Me: I won't God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today. 
GOD: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your God and I love looking after my children. Scriptural References: II Samuel 22:31, Proverbs 3:5, Hebrews 2:13



1 comment:

Alisha K said...

This is so true to often we think about what goes wrong but never pay attention to what is right in our lives.