Product Information: Southern Magnolia Minerals is a Family owned and operated Mineral Makeup Company in North Carolina. They offer a unique, affordable & luxurious cosmetic alternative to the national brands and infomercials. Their mineral makeup is 100% pure bare all-natural minerals designed to enhance your natural beauty. Free of perservatives, chemicals, dyes, oils, perfumes & bismuth, our shine-free long-lasting formula provides sheer flawless coverage for every skin type and skin tone. Use of Southern Magnolia Minerals will cover all kinds of imperfections and flaws such as dark circles, freckles, age spots, scars, acne, redness from rosacea without looking like you have a mask on! Their line includes Foundation, Eye Shadow, Blush, Bronzer, Finishing Veil, Rice Powder, Starter & Full Size Kits, Radiance, All-natural Skincare, and more.
Before I tell you about my review of Southern Magnolia Minerals, I want to say...For years I have used Bare Minerals and love their products.
For my review of Southern Magnolia Minerals I received:
- Multi-Task Bisque Concealer - Southern Minerals say to use this only if needed. I definately need it and I personally believe most women in their 40's do unless you are one of those very lucky ones. I love the concealer because I feel it is the beginning of covering those dark spots, freckles and red spots.
- Medium Foundation - All you do is tap a small amount into your cap and swirl your brush into the minerals. Tap brush again to release excess minerals & start by framing your face, then fill in the whole face including eyelids using a circular motion. Buff on in thin layers, just remember, less is more but you can apply as many layers to obtain the coverage you prefer. Buffing is very important for the blending of the foundation. I was sent the medium foundation which is a little to light for my taste. I prefer something more darker.
- Magnolia Blush - Create a subtle color definition to your cheeks that will add radiance and a glow, for a healthy look you can see. Magnolia, is their signature color that is a dusty pink rose shimmer. It is not glittery or super shimmery. Just shake the Natural Mineral Blush back and forth to get excess powder loose into the tray. Gently glide over the powder with the Blush Brush to grab the powder, bring your brush to the cap to work in the powder to the brush, then tap off any excess. Sweep onto cheekbones to create the sheer color definition. I like to make a letter C from my forehead to the apple of my cheeks, then a quick brush over the length of my nose, chin and my neck.
- Translucent Finishing Mineral Veil - This is a must for me! I use this under my foundation as it helps to minimize my large pores. I also use it after I have finished applying all my makeup as it keeps it looking "not so makeuppy" lol. Is that even a word? It is a white powder but once you put it on your face, it isn't. Strange huh? But it is one of my favorite products. It gives you that put together look.
- Complexion Booster Illusion Mineral Glow - This is another must for me! I use it to hide my wrinkles(lines as my hubby calls them). This is another multi task product. I love it also that it makes your skin have a natural glow and I also use it as an eyeshadow sometimes!
- Pearl Beige Eyeshadow- It's a neutral color that works! I love to wet my brush and dip it in the eyeshadow and use it on the upper part of my eyes. I personally think it has more of a dramatic effect when applied wet(damp).
- Swiss Java Eyeshadow- Love it! I have brown eyes, so I need the purple tints to make my eyes pop. This is perfect! Not to much of a purple that it looks purple though. Again, I apply it wet. I also love using it as an eyeliner but again, I apply with a wet eye liner brush.
- Coffee Bean Eyeliner- This is a darker purple that I not only use as an eyeliner(wet of course lol) but I love to use it at the corner of my eyes for a more dramatic effect at night.
- Perfection Primer- I love this also! Sometimes when I just don't feel getting all made up, I just use this. Yep, it works alone too! On those days I do get all fixed up, I use it to keep the "shine" away under AND over my foundation! I believe it helps my made up look stay longer.
- Sun Kiss Bronzer- This is a must for me! In the winter I love that it gives me that "sun kissed" look. In the summer I also wear it for UV protection but not as heavily as I wear it in the winter. I apply it to areas on my face and neck that I would get that pink look from the sun(forehead, nose, cheeks, neck).
- Tan Foundation-This color is perfect for me! In the summer I get a deep golden tan and this is the perfect foundation for me.
- Second Skin Honey Foundation-Wow! I believe I have found my favorite foundation! I love this! It actually makes my face look a little softer.
|My Bare Minerals Bag|
- Visit Southern Magnolia Minerals and tell me what would be your favorite SKINCARE COLLECTION.
- Follow me on Facebook, Facebook Again and Twitter(+1 EACH).
- Friend Southern Magnolia Minerals on Facebook.
- Tweet & Retweet(Tweet Button at top of page)(+1 DAILY).
- Subscribe & Confirm to My Emails & RSS Feeds(+2 EACH).
- Vote for Me-just click link(+1 DAILY).
- Follow Southern Magnolia Minerals on Twitter.
- Share on Facebook(+1 Daily) & list giveaway into any Linky(+1 EACH LINKY).
- Grab my NEW Button, make a blog post & Rate My Blog(+3 EACH).
- Sign up for Southern Magnolia Minerals Newsletter.
- Enter any of my other open giveaways(+1 EACH giveaway).
- Follow my other blog Fun After Dark via GFC publicly(+3).