He sent mats as gifts to alot of the teachers he admired. They were Peters first customers and they shared their mats with their students and a true yoga company was born. Peter chose the name Manduka in honor of his teacher and mentor, Shandor Remete, whose core practice and teaching always included the ancient Hatha Yoga Pradipika pose, Mandukasana or frog. The first time Peter heard and repeated the name of the pose he had a sense of childlike joy and delight as the sound rolled off his tongue. The word and the pose were mirror images, simultaneously playful and profound.
The quality and performance of Manduka mats and yoga accessories are still unmatched in the marketplace. They are still crafted using simple, enduring, natural, and whenever possible, renewable materials and a fine attention to detail. Manduka is a company built by and for yoga teachers and their students. And as Manduka celebrates its 10th year, they are still evolving, still introducing new products, and still celebrating the spirit and wisdom of yoga teachers and their students.
I received a Manduka equa Hand Towel for my review. I get all sweaty when I do my P90X workout and let me tell you, this towel really absorbs the nasty sweat! I love that it grips my mat also for those exercise that require a towel for that purpose. They travel great and are not bulky either. Don't get me wrong, they are thick and very soft and durable but not bulky. It kind of feels like suede.
Basically the Manduka equa Hand Towel is a lightweight, plush, super absorbent and durable microfiber towel that I wish I had found sooner.
One (1) of my readers will win a Manduka equa hand towel like mine! You will love it!
Mandatory Entry: You must be a public GFC follower before entering this giveaway. Then visit Manduka and tell me another product you would like and the color. Leave email if it is not public in your profile.
Bonus Entries: Leave a separate comment for each entry. Leave links for tweeting, blog posts, sharing on Facebook, listing in Linkys, etc.
- Follow me on Facebook, Facebook Again and Twitter(+1 EACH).
- Tweet & Retweet-Tweet button at top of page(+1 DAILY).
- Subscribe & Confirm to My Emails & RSS Feeds(+1 EACH).
- Vote for Me-just click link(+1 DAILY).
- Like Manduka on Facebook & leave comment "FunFritzFamily sent me"(+2)
- Share on Facebook(+1 Daily) & list giveaway into any Linky(+1 EACH LINKY).
- Grab my NEW Button, make a blog post & rate my blog(+3 EACH).
- Follow Manduka on Twitter & leave a comment on their blog(+1 EACH).
- Enter any of my other open giveaways(+1 EACH giveaway).
- Follow my other blog Fun After Dark via GFC publicly(+3).
- Make a purchase from My Scentsy Page(+25).