Product to Review: Terracycle Drink Pouch Lunch Box
Here are just a few quick facts about what 50 Million juice pouches is equal to:
TerraCycle makes this lunch box from waste drink pouch material. Every year, billions of drink pouches end up in dumpsters and landfills across America. Working with a brigade of school volunteers, TerraCycle diverts tons of waste juice pouches annually and donates 2 cents to a charity or non-profit for each pouch collected. The color of each lunch box will vary depending on the type of drink pouch used.
- 125 x yellowstone
- 9 x grand canyon
- 2 x size of new jersey
- 480 football fields
- 75 hummers
- 150 priuses
- 41 elephants
- 20 school buses
- 807 mt everest's
- 18,600 empire state buildings
The study finds that sending a single pouch to:
1. Landfill: results in emissions of 0.51g CO2 per pouch
2. Waste-to-Energy: results in net emissions of 6.33g CO2 per pouch (this includes the energy created)
3. Recycling: results in the elimination of 6.33g CO2 per pouch
4. Upcycling: results in the elimination of 192g CO2 per pouch.
This means, the total emissions prevented from being put into the atmosphere right now, at the Drink Pouch Brigade’s 50 Million mark, is between 347 tons (if all recycled) and an incredible 10,582 tons (if all upcycled).
50 Million Drink Pouches Redeemed Through TerraCycle Fund Local School Programs Nationwide.
My Opinion: I love that my Terracycle Drink Pouch Lunch Box is made of Recycled Drink Pouches! I also like that Terracycle has involved students in this process. My grankids love recycling so this is right up their alley. We received the red Terracycle Drink Pouch Lunch Box and of course, it is a big hit with them.
Buy Now for only $7.99!
Want to learn how YOU can help? Click HERE!
One of my lucky readers will win a TerraCycle Drink Pouch Lunch Box!
Mandatory Entry: Visit TerraCycle and tell me another product you like. Leave email if not public in your profile.
Bonus Entries: Leave separate comment for each entry.
- Follow Me publicly on GFC or Share this giveaway on Facebook(1 entry EACH).
- Like TerraCycle on Facebook.(3 entries).
- Follow Me on Facebook and Here Again.(1 entry Each).
- Subscribe to My Email or RSS Feeds (left side of page)(1 entry for EACH).
- Follow Me on Twitter and Tweet giveaway(Tweet button-top of page).
- Blog about this giveaway or grab my NEW button (3 entries EACH).
- Retweet giveaway (can be done daily for 1 entry EACH).
- Enter this giveaway into any Linky(Here is ONE) (1 entry EACH LINKY).
- Enter any of my other giveaways(1 entry for EACH).
- Make a purchase from TerraCycle(10 entries).
GIVEAWAY CLOSES on November 18th. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced by November 19th. You will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected.
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this review. I received the product(s) described above. This is a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way.***