Product Information: TimeBuddy is a ONE OF A KIND educational product designed to teach pre-schoolers (children between the ages of 3 and 7) daily routines and build a foundation for time management skills.
Long term benefit: TimeBuddy helps children have a structured routine that they understand (since they can visually see the series of activities to be performed). Structure in kid’s lives provide security. Children that feel secure have a tendency to be self-confident, independent and responsible; and thus, happy children. Additionally, today’s society, whether we agree or not, is highly active. The demand of work, children’s activities, doctor’s appointments, errands, and personal time continues to increase. Successful adults are often those who have good time management skills; and time management is a habit. Thus, helping children develop this habit at an early age will help them increase their chances to master this skill as adults.
What parents like the most is the ability to personalized TimeBuddy! Parents can freely choose the type of activity and time for the activity to be performed (as many or as few as they want!). Any combination is possible. You have developed a tag line that says: Each TimeBuddy is as unique as your child. This is because after customization there will be NO two TimeBuddies alike.
As part of the customization process, children have the ability to record their own name in a factory programmed message. Children love pressing the button and listen to their name being incorporated into the product.
TimeBuddy was awarded the:
- Seal of Approval for 2010 by the National Parenting Association
- 100 Best Products for Children
- 2010Top 10 Best High Tech Products 2010 By Dr. Toy
TimeBuddy has a soul and a story(as written by J.C Cedeno).
I personally struggle as a parent when I came up with the idea for TimeBuddy. This is an excerpt that will be published in the New Hearld in Miami:
When did you decided to create Timebuddy and for what reasons?
I first became aware of the need for a product that would help children and their parents’ layout and manage daily routines while I was attending parenting classes as part of my divorce proceedings. One particular class dealt with structure and daily routines, and for the first time, all participating parents agreed that pre-school children don’t understand time as a concept, thus have great difficulty following daily routines. This caught my attention and the idea of combining a clock and visual icons popped in my head for the first time.However, it wasn’t until a year later that my own son proved to me how difficult it was for him to understand time. He would come from pre-school at 2pm and would often ask to go to the YMCA. The babysitter would explain to him that they would go at 4pm. The two hour wait time would become very conflicting as he would repeatedly ask “Are we leaving now?”. I recalled the class and the idea and decided to create a very rudimentary version of TimeBuddy which had the YMCA logo at the 4pm position which gave my son the cue “It’s time to go to the Y.” This tool proved to be so successful that in mid 2009, I decided to start developing TimeBuddy.
TimeBuddy is a fun, interactive toy that teaches young children daily routines while building a strong foundation for time management.
TimeBuddy is fully customizable for parents with 150+ activity stickers, prerecorded and personalized messages and a 24-hour clock. Children do not need to be able to tell time in order to benefit from TimeBuddy!
In using TimeBuddy your child will:
- Feel safe and secure with a consistent routine and structure in their lives.
- Learn the concept of time in a more natural way through the use of visual icons and the passage of time by the red hand.
- Gain increased independence and self-confidence by conquering routines on their own or with little parental guidance.
- Avoid conflicts with parents and other adults that arise from not following daily routines effectively.
- Learn a life-long habit of effective time management.
Receive FREE shiping when you buy TimeBuddy (expires October 31,2010).
Use Code fff136blog
My Opinion: This has helped my grandson tremendously! He knows exactly when it's time to brush his teeth, put on his pj's, have his snack, bedtime, bathtime, nap time, playtime and so many more things! Now he is coming to us and telling us what it's time for...lol. I definately have to get some more. All the grandkids want their own TimeBuddy!
One (1) of my VERY LUCKY readers will win their own TimeBuddy!
Mandatory Entry: "Like" TimeBuddy on Facebook. Leave email addy in initial entry so I have a way to contact you if you are the winner. Leave separate comment for each entry.
- Follow TimeBuddy on Twitter.
- "Like" me on Facebook. This is a new page!
- Follow via GFC(Google Friend Connect).
- Follow me on Twitter.
- Sign up for my Emails or RSS Feeds(left side of page)(1 entry for each).
- Blog about this giveaway or grab my button(2 entries for each).
- Share this giveaway on Facebook or Tweet It (1 entry for each).
- Retweet giveaway(can be done daily for 1 entry each).
- Enter this giveaway into any Linky (1 entry for each linky).
- Join me on Crowdtap or MyPoints (1 entry for each).
- Enter any of my other giveaways (1 entry for each).
- Purchase TimeBuddy (10 entries).
- Subscribe to TimeBuddy on You Tube.
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this review. I received the product(s) described above. This is a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. ***