Product to Review: Think Geek - AntWorks Colors of Life
Product Information: Ants are fascinating creatures. Sure you hate to see them in your socks or making a B-line for that pizza crust crumb you forgot to sweep up, but let's give credit where credit is due. Ants are amazing. Ants can lift up to 50x their body weight! They have two stomachs and three eyes! They also have uncanny communication skills and amazing abilities to work together to achieve a common goal.
This miraculous gel, derived from a NASA Space experiment, serves as both habitat and nutrition for your ants - allowing you to watch in awe as they turn a brick of aqua-blue gel into a fascinating colony of tunnels. Never before have you been so capable of watching these awesome creatures at work. And never before have you been able to help them party down. The LEDs in the base change from one color to the next (or you can pause it on your favorite color).
Consider Ants a pest? Think again. As Sun Tzu stated, 'Know Thy Enemy'. And what better way to know them then in this totally enclosed space age aquarium. Ants are perhaps the most populous creatures on the face of planet earth, with at least ten thousand species and countless trillions of individual ants. Bring them indoors today with AntWorks!
|I took this one in the dark!|
- AntWorks is based on a 2003 NASA Space Shuttle experiment to study animal life in space and test how ants successfully tunnel in microgravity.
- Unique, color-change LED base with different modes:
- Off (for ant "bed time")
- Cycle - goes through all the colors blending from one to the next.
- Color Pause - holds your favorite color (until you change your mind).
- The AntWorks Gel (Non Toxic) is complete with nutrients to promote healthy growth in the new colony.
- Watch ants live, work, and tunnel in the nutritious and non-toxic gel as they create series upon series of intricate tunnels.
- Case and gel
- Magnifying glass
- Color-changing LED base
- A/C adaptor
- Instruction Booklet with facts about ants and color
- ANTS ARE NOT INCLUDED! However, there is a form included where you can order some ants for delivery via mail. But why bother? Just set out some potato chips in the kitchen and voila! Instant ant colony! lol
|This was taken in the dark also!|
Buy Now for $39.99
They have learned many new facts with their AntWorks Habitat:
- All ants are females. Males are only created when they are needed by the colony to reproduce(about 1ce a year) and shortly die after mating.
- Ants carry up to 50 times their weight! (If humans could do this, the 98 lb. weakling could still lift nearly 2 and 1/2 tons!
- Ants outnumber us 1,666,666 to 1.
- Each ant colony has it's own scent.
- Ants need very little oxygen because they have no lungs.
- Ants live only 1-3 months
One (1) of my very lucky readers will win an AntWorks Colors of Life Habitat for their little Myrmecologist(one who studies ants). Yeah, I didn't know that either lol.
Mandatory Entry: Visit ThinkGeek and tell me one (1) EDIBLE product they have. Leave email address if it is not public in your profile.
Bonus Entries: Leave separate comment for each entry.
- Follow Me publicly on GFC or Share this giveaway on Facebook(1 entry Each).
- Like ThinkGeek on Facebook.
- Subscribe to My Email or RSS Feeds (left side of page)(1 entry for each).
- Sign up for ThinkGeek Newsletter.
- Follow Me on Facebook and Here Again.(1 entry Each).
- Request a ThinkGeek Catalogue.
- Follow Me on Twitter and Tweet giveaway(Tweet button-top of page).
- Follow ThinkGeek on Twitter.
- Blog about this giveaway or grab my button (3 entries EACH).
- Subscribe to ThinkGeek Feeds.
- Retweet giveaway (can be done daily for 1 entry EACH).
- Visit ThinkGeeks Blog.
- Enter this giveaway into any Linky(Here is ONE) (1 entry EACH LINKY).
- Subscribe to ThinkGeek on You Tube.
- Enter any of my other giveaways(1 entry for each).
- Make any purchase from ThinkGeek (10 entries).
GIVEAWAY CLOSES on November 29th. The winner will be selected using random.org and announced by November 30th. You will have 48 hours to respond or another winner will be selected.
***Please note that I received no form of monetary compensation for this review. I received the product(s) described above. This is a fair and honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are my own and were not influenced in any way. I am not responsible for delivery of this product.***